Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Day 5 of 7

If you need me I'll be standing
Right where you left me
Turning this hourglass over and watching the sand pour
Then turning it again just to bring it back to where it all started
But I can't go back
No I can't go, and I wouldn't even if I could
If I had known then what I know now
Oh, but I couldn't change what happened
And I wouldn't even if I could
So I'll just keep staring at the sand as the sun falls down lower and lower with each turn
Like a giant grain of sand in some cosmic timepiece that only God is big enough to see
I can't even fathom something of that size
But there he is, living inside of me
So if you need me I'll be standing--
Well, you know where I'll be
And if I see you through the haze of falling grains of time
I'll force a smile and spread my arms wide
And hide what I really mean

No comments:

Post a Comment