Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Perhaps the road was better left untaken this time

If I ever did you wrong, or hurt you, please forgive me
That "if" is so rhetorical, I know.
I get so caught in my own point of view

For every time I thought that I could just ignore you,
Say I knew better and let's move on
Please don't just discount me like you clearly want to

I'm not sure if I can be a better person
I'm not sure if those were better days
All I know is that I'm trying hard as ever
Even harder since you and I parted ways
Even more than I had thought, since we have parted ways

I don't pretend that if we tried to start things over
I would be any better than before
I don't propose that that's our forward course of action
I don't want another romance to become a chore
All I want is my friend back.
That's it.
I miss you is all.
Nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment