Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Disjointed but connected

It's been a long time coming
Coming and going here or there
There was something about your eyes
I couldn't even look away
Away from here
Here I go again
Against the wall with nothing but the shirt on my back
Back to this
This is all it ever is
Is this a good time to ask you a question?
Question everything
Everything's a mess
Mess this up, and it's no more chances
Chances I've never taken anyway
Anyway, I guess it goes to show
Show respect, or never know
No idea where to go
Go to sleep, it's all we've ever known before
Before I go and spell it out
Out of my mouth again
Again and again, the same old story
Story with the same old ending
Ending is always the hardest part
Part of me just wants it to go on
Well, on to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment