Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Running out of steam

I've been patient, waiting all this time
I thought I'd found you once, but now you're gone
The only thing that keeps me going on
Is thinking how you'll bring me joy sublime
I thought of late I might have seen your face
But only found another door was closed
Events unfolded not as I supposed
But still I hope to feel your fond embrace
See no one cares for love as much as I
I think about it oftener than not
I dream sometimes, when thinking is forgot
It makes me laugh, and also makes me cry
A younger man will feel love in his heart
An older man will know it in his head
A foolish man will chase it 'til he's dead
A wiser man will give it a head start
To none of these outfits do I belong
(I have or will to each of them in turn)
But still it seems a lust for love will burn
And overflow perhaps into a song

But from my heart I give you all this rhyme
And whether rapt, or causing you to yawn
I do my best to keep it up to pace
Perhaps a bit of levity enclosed
And if you have a feeling to reply
Then go ahead, and give it your best shot
And if it makes a point that's truly smart
And still it lingers once it's fully read
Then whether you have called me right or wrong
From your words I'll make a note to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment