Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

insomnia

I can't sleep, so tonight you get not a poem, but my thoughts, pretty much the way they flow through my head. I'll probably stop and correct typos, and maybe pause momentarily to see where the train is headed, and if I really want to go down that road, but in general this is what it is, and it's not really filtered all that much. I'm doing pretty well I suppose, though it's been a long time since I had a date. That one has been bugging me lately. I thought I might have met someone recently, but it doesn't look like I have much of a chance there. Oh well, that's life, moving on. I'll find a girl one of these days. I know I'm being saved from much heartache, but I'm also being robbed of a lot of happy memories, and I can't help but think I'm the only one robbing me. I um, I need to take out the trash. Not sure where that came from except looking over at the trash, and that A&W Root Beer empty 12 pack that's been sitting there for a couple of days, just waiting for me to have some excuse to go to the dumpster (which they felt necessary to place in the most out-of-the-way location possible. I really don't know how the trash man even picks it up) and unload it all. Anyway, it's 3:41 AM, and I really should be asleep right now, but I've been reading Harry Potter. I'm almost done with the fourth book, and it's really quite entertaining. I imagine I'll have to buy the fifth soon. Oh yeah, that reminds me that Ashley wanted to borrow the first one. I'll have to remember to take it to work. That shouldn't be difficult, since work is coming in like 4 hours. yay. I just drew a blank, but since I'm writing like this, I figure I'll just type out that I drew a blank, and that will keep my fingers going. It's interesting how that works, 'cause inevitably my mind works faster than my hands, and by the time I finish putting my thoughts down, more have popped up, so if only I can keep on going, I'll almost never run out of things to write. Well, someone has just messaged me on Facebook, so I guess I'll wrap this up. I promise I'll be good and start writing real poems for you all again soon. I do kind of feel like I'm running out of steam there, but I need the practice, and apparently a few of you enjoy reading them, so I might as well keep it up. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment