Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

So Tell Everyone

"Turn your ear to me," he said,
"and  hear the words I say.
I haven't got much time before
I have to go away.
I've been a lot of places
And I've seen a lot of things
And in my travels I have dined
With emperors and kings
I've lived alone in solitude.
I've lived with two or three
I've lived among the multitudes
Who never noticed me.
I've seen the shores around the world
When I did sailing go.
I've climbed the highest peaks you've seen
And lived off melted snow.
I've fought the very worst of beasts
And all of them I'd kill.
I've bent a spoon in half again
By only pow'r of will.
I've ridden on the back of beasts
As big as any house.
And even once was almost thrown
When one did see a mouse.
I've studied with the scholars
And I bested nearly all
Philosophy, Mathematics,
Every one of them did fall.
In wits I have no match
So you should really never try
I speak the language of all men
From 'Hello' to 'Goodbye.'
Technology comes naturally
I have no greater gift
So trust me with your problems
And you'll never go adrift.
So answering your inquiry,
As only I can do,
The time is quarter after twelve,
Now I must part. Adieu."

No comments:

Post a Comment