Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Starting up daily again (my apologies for the break)

If writing songs can be like finding gold
Then maybe I should pan a little more
And this can make it easier I'm told
To write a poem a day forevermore

A single kiss can make the sun shine bright
No matter if the skies before were gray
And lately I've been thinking I just might
'Cause I could stare into her eyes all day

Disjointed quatrains, disconnected verse
It echoes what it's like inside my mind
Though always true, and rarely too perverse
A stranger place you'll likely never find

The day escapes me, sitting in my room
As time continues passing all around
But here it waits, reluctant to resume
And so we hide and daren't make a sound

Together we could be a team of two
But that requires something first from me
To take a sort of leap and hope that you
Can see in me the things in you I see

A turn to love, as poems so often can
How terribly cliche of me to write
At least the pen keeps moving in my hand
That's a lie I typed this with a keyboard

No comments:

Post a Comment