Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Orange And Purple...Colors are hard to rhyme.

I awoke with a start, and I reached for a pen
There was something I had to remember
As I focused my brain so the details remain
I guess you saw me losing my temper
My face was all screwed in a weird sort of shape
And I must have looked quite a bit batty
By the time I had stopped, and my pen was re-topped
I was shaking, my hands rat-a-tat-y.
So I read what I'd written and checked for mistakes
As you read o'er my shoulder quite deftly
I, if not for your hair, wouldn't know you were there
(Oh no, nothing rhymes with 'deftly'!)
The story I told had turned out quite mundane
And you laughed a bit after you read it
But you took it with grace, said the look on my face
Made it worth it every word that you dreaded.
So I lie here again as I drift back to sleep
Positively confused by what happened
But I finally dismiss it and give you a kiss
It's just one of those things I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment