Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mid-Night nonsense

It's nearly 1AM and I can't sleep. I know I've been ignoring this for quite some time. I think it's about time I come back. We'll see how long it will last..

---

Fate is the same thing as destiny
Sorrow's just one word for pain
Regret is another, and I know it quite well
Like looking through a window at the rain as it falls
But the rain makes a sound as it's landing
A soft pitter-patter on hard cobbled stones
or a rat-a-tat-tat onto tin-covered homes
But a whisper on windows like mine, as it flows
Making paintings from landscapes like Vincent Van Gogh
But the beauty is lost to my eyes
The world is the territory that lies behind
Where you linger in thoughts I've forgotten
Like a dream where you wake up too soon
Though the memory is there, it's like grasping at air
So I sit here and stare at the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment