Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Has it really been a year since we said goodbye? I still remember the way you used to smile. I remember looking into those eyes and wishing they were mine. I can't believe we never got it right. I know there were mistakes enough to go around, but they weren't all mine. We stated out on rocky terrain, and that was you. I learned to live on rocky terrain and that was you. You were always out looking for the next good time, and I was always sitting in my room thinking of words to rhyme with time and coming up with lines to make people move, not on the outside, but on the inside. I never tried to hide from what I thought we could have, but you were always so cryptic. I used to think I'd win you with persistence, but I didn't even know it when it happened. If you happen to read this, please know that I regret nothing. What we had was strange, and it wasn't always good, or good for me, or for you for that matter. If I ever had her, it was only for a short while, and even then it was never clear. I'll never be here again, so there's no point in asking why. It's all just a matter of time. It's been a year since we said goodbye, and I've grown a lot, and I hope you have too, but you'll never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment