Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

A Real Man

If I were a real man, I'd tell you how I feel. At least that's what they tell me. But what kind of real man tells you something that he can't back up. I know how you felt about me before. I could see it in your eyes, just a glimpse, and I could hear it in the conversations you didn't have. I just wasn't ready. Now I am ready, but now I don't know if you're the one, and I don't want to start something I can't finish. I'm waiting for a sign, and it's not what you'd expect. I'm waiting for a sign that I won't be able to neglect. I'm waiting for the right thing, and to me that's worth the wait, so I'm sorry that I've kept you waiting. I'm not even sure it's me you're waiting for.

If I were a real man, I wouldn't be afraid. At least that's what they tell me. But what kind of real man walks into his destiny without at least some kind of apprehension? Fear stimulates the mind, and the body. Fear causes you to experience everything around you, while at the same time it lets you maintain razor sharp focus. Fear brings out the best in you. I don't ever want to lose that feeling. Without fear, I am nothing.

If I were a real man, I would stop acting like a child. At least that's what they tell me. Who knows? maybe they're right for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment