Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Reminiscence is Rosy, but Reality is Red

All I can think about is you.

Could it really be so simple?

Far away I hear a song, and old soul song, whose melody reminds me of a time long since passed, when I used to live every single day. Now I wait. I'm not always even sure what I'm waiting on, and yet I wait. Give me a plan so that I can move forward. Give me something in front of me to press into, and press onward, living in every day. Give me more of yourself, so that I can understand. Help me. I don't know what to do. I'm not a child anymore, but I long for those days. I remember, not the immaturity and the mistakes, but that I really did something and I believed with everything inside that I was where I was meant to be. Take me back to that place, but let me keep my age. I don't miss my youth. I don't miss the oblivious boy who didn't know how to handle life. I only miss the boy who tried anyway. God help me to find him again, and we will become unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment