Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

There was a time when you and I made the world stand still
There was a time when nothing could keep us apart
There was a time when I lost myself in your brown eyes
That time is gone now, replaced by a new era
The new beginning that comes with each ending
Whether it will be better is entirely dependent on me
I can no longer rely on you for happiness
Maybe that was too much to put on you in the first place
Maybe it wasn't fair. Maybe it was unkind.
All I knew was that I wanted you forever
And you wanted goodbye.
That's the way of things sometimes.
The old passes, and that's what happened to me.
Now you've moved on, and left me here.
Did I deserve it? Maybe
Can I handle it? Definitely not.
But I will.
I will come out stronger. I will be better for it.
This is now, and I will be here until the next new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment