Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Freeform 10 May

I haven't written in so long that I feel like I've forgotten how. I'm starting back in the only way I can think of, just literally writing free flowing, free form, whatever enters my mind for ten minutes, and then posting it. Perhaps by the time I'm done, something useful will have happened in my brain to get me back on track again. As it stands, I really feel like I need to work on my imagery. Maybe I'll try to describe what I'm doing in the most vivid way possible. The air is stifling, and my chair is in just about the only place it fits anymore. Empty boxes, clothing, unfinished projects, and musical equipment have long since replaced the floor of my apartment. So here I sit in front of my desk, staring at the blue light that exacerbates my poor sleep hygiene. I forgot how to spell hygiene. Stupid red line reminded me. I just took a typing test tonight. Over 50 words per minute. Not stellar, but proficient. Anyway, the dim light from the bathroom lights my keyboard as my eyes drift from fingers to screen. I never did learn to type without occasionally using these crutches. I try sometimes, but it's just easier to look, and as I re-learned tonight, I'm proficient enough without better form. My desk is no more or less cluttered than my bedroom floor. Music notes from past years' lessons, a hat, a battery long since used up by an old camera which sits next to it, atop a stack of old paperwork; a mixture of old documents and trash, which I have yet to sort. I know I ought to complete the projects that are strewn about this room, but with my back turned to them, I can go on ignoring them for a while, and instead look back and forth between the screen, and my ever-moving fingers, as they skitter across the keys, making a dull clacking, the only sound besides the pilot light on my gas heater. And so the time will finally elapse, and I'll post this, and move on, probably to watch television and fall asleep on the couch. It's much less crowded there, though it does nothing for my back. I suppose this is the end of it for tonight. We'll have another go of it soon, and hopefully be writing again in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment