Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Freeform 11 May

Hope springs from an unexpected source. The ways of the past no longer bind me. The future ahead is bright and full of possibility. I wish sometimes that things would be easier, but no, it is the difficult times that test us, just as steel is forged in flame. Really, could I be any more cliche? Still, these are the things in my head, and so they end up on the page. I will keep writing again, not because it is good, but because it needs to be done if I'm ever going to find my voice again. It's tough starting over. So much time lost. I think I will do a song a week again, and maybe that will assist me in this endeavor. I often wonder about the future, but lately as my mind wanders, it chases things it does not need to know right now. And so I stumble, but do not fall. That is my current state, and while it is sometimes discouraging, I try to remember the years I spent with my face in the dirt, and realize that I have come a long way. And I still have a long way to go. So this encouragement will carry me forward into the new land which God is opening up, and I will be successful there, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment