Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Boy, talk about meandering...

I just want to get to that place where things are okay
Where you and I can look at each other without wondering
Where we can be friends, or not, but know that we only want the best for each other
I just want to get to that place
But I have no idea where it is
I can't find it on any map
My GPS just laughs at me
As it spouts, "Location Not Found"

So I wander through these streets at night
I still can't seem to fall asleep
And think of you and me, and what might have been
But never will be
It isn't like I don't know what happened
But that doesn't mean it isn't confusing
And it isn't like I thought it was wrong
But that doesn't mean it didn't hurt.

If you ever speak of me, I hope it's kindly
If you ever think of me, I hope it's not unpleasant.
I'll give you that same courtesy
And as I think of you time after time
Your memory will fade
Like an old pair of jeans
Or a Polaroid in the bright sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment