Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

I watched the sun set over the Pacific Ocean, and thought about you. It had been a long year for both of us. You never let on about how my constant professions of love bothered you, but I knew they must. Still, there must have been something you liked. I don't know if it was control, or just simply that you wanted to be wanted, but every time I tried to pull away, you refused to let me, and knowing how I felt, it was easy for you to rope me back in. There were many times when I thought things would go one way or the other, but they never did. Even now I wonder if the reprieve I've gained will fall away the next time you're lonely. I watched the sun as it set over the Pacific Ocean, and thought about how 93 million miles couldn't keep its warmth from me. I let that warmth wash over me and prayed for a gentle night, and a new beginning with the coming dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment