Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Another night I spend with naught to do
But sit alone and dream a dream of you
I made a list for all the world to see
But hid it from the closest ones to me
I don't want them to see my perfect one
Or maybe just a fantasy undone
But either way my public private list
Is all I've got, and so it's all I get
It's been too long since last I felt the tug
As one heart needs another like a drug
But pharmaceuticals are not my thing
My proof is in a box that holds a ring
A ring that once adorned my lover's hand
Accompanied by yet another band
The third was mine, but that's to say all three
Are now the property of only me
They sit inside their cardboard home all day
And though I try from half a world away
To vanquish all the thoughts they used to bring
I always end up focused on that ring
And that's why love is such an awful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment