Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Been So Long

Woke up this morning with an old song in my head. It still reminds me of you. I must have been dreaming about the good times that we had, when we were both in love with you, and it's been so long since I could forget about you, yeah.

Feet touch the floor and I'm not even out the door before I shake off that feeling of regret. It doesn't take long before I find another song, and I think nothing that you could do would get to me, but it's been so long since I could forget about you, and we both agree that I'm better off without you, so why can't I get you out of my head.

Back to the grind, and I've got nothing on my mind except the ticking as the time keeps rolling on, when I hear a familiar key, I say that it won't get to me, but the radio is playing that old song. It's like a sign and now I've got you on my mind again. I haven't had this kind of feeling since God knows when, 'cause it's been so long since I could forget about you. Why can't I get you out of my head?

I think that I have discovered a place where dreams really do come true. I think I have discovered another where they only take control of you, when it's not like you believed, and I'd give anything to leave, 'cause it's been so long since I could forget about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment