Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sometimes, when I think about the word creative
I get a different idea in my head
Is it really "creative" to put words together for just my amusement?
Is it really "creative" to write songs that only reflect on my past?
Well, yes, it is,
But that's not the only definition
And if that's all the creativity that I have then I might as well just go home
I'd like to think I can do better though
That somehow my words could affect someone
Make someone smile
Or rethink their decisions
Perhaps I could creatively solve a problem you've been having
Or maybe tell you a story about how I got over that same problem in my own past
Maybe being creative should be about more than satisfying my need to make something
Even though at the heart of it that's what the word really means
To create something
But is it worth creating if your creation doesn't matter?
So what does matter?
What changes the world?
Do I need to convince you of something?
Maybe open your eyes to a new way of thinking, that perhaps you didn't realize existed?
Those are all good options
But my real goal is just to entertain you
Maybe that's not "creative" enough to change the world
Or maybe
Just maybe
It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment