Pages

Monday, October 2, 2017

Behind the glass

Behind the glass, we feel like we are free
As long as we never get close enough to touch
A slight reflection makes us start to see
Only a little, but it never starts as much
The world around me spins in its own circles
The people live their lives of quiet fear
And no one will believe a word I tell them
About the day the barrier appeared
They tell me that I'm crazy, that I see things
They whisper worse into each other's ear
Not one will make the journey out here with me
"A waste of time," they tell me
"There's nothing" over here
I long to touch the edge of my existence
Belief becoming fact with one caress
But as I reach my hand out, doubt engulfs me
And suddenly I want that less, and less
I pause, only an inch from where I saw it
The truth of all of it within my reach

And there I will remain for all the age
Alone, and but an inch from my cage

No comments:

Post a Comment