Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Was the best man in a wedding this weekend. Didn't have time to think, much less to write.

I feel unfulfilled.
I feel empty.
I feel the need to fill that emptiness with something.
I know I'm supposed to feel complete in God.
I pray.
I read my Bible.
I skip a few days sometimes.
I live comfortably in the knowledge that God isn't going to abandon me for messing up, or even really be mad at me.
I don't know what I'm missing.
Am I not loving hard enough?
Am I not following well enough?
These can't be the answer, because if it were about me living up to God's standards, I would never feel anything other than this
So what is it?
Who am I?
Who should I be?
How do I get from one to the other?
I'm not looking for a shortcut
I just want to know where the path begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment