Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Given my lack of ambition, it's not surprising I never made it very far.
But is it too late now?

Call it human nature
Call it what you will
As long as we're together
I know I feel it still
And if we ever parted
I hope we never will
I'd go back where I started
And start back up that hill

Because everything we went through
Just couldn't be for naught
I know we're better off now
But all we ever sought
That happy ever after
That fairy tale we dreamed
And look at where it got us
Just look at where it got us

I know I feel things deply
And over-think them, too
And now with both out of the way
I know it's not just you

I deserve much better
Than "Yeah, I guess it's time"
When I ask if I'm we're together
And I say I'll make you mine
So until I get to find her
I'll remember what we had
For the good times that it offered
And the ways you made me glad
That I have this whole expeirence
That we both waded through
But oh, thank God we avoided
Just a tragic me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment