Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

Twice a week is better than nonce a week.
---
I used to be alone
But now it's just me
We used to talk on the phone
But now it's just tweets
And I @ you, but you act like you don't know me
I keep thinking "If only.."
Maybe that's why I'm lonely
And the truth is that the truth isn't so rosy
Like a kid in an oversized cozy chair
Feeling safe 'cause I know you're there
That you're just in the next room over there
Well I'm over it. No repair, like a watch that won't tell time
A careless rhyme, but the meaning is still there all the same
And when I close my eyes I still say your name at my bedtime prayers
Pray to God that you find the happiness you deserve
Pray that one day I'll see you and not want to stare
Then I open my eyes
And I just lay there

No comments:

Post a Comment